Blackfield and Langley 3 Thatcham Town 0

Blackfield and Langley 3 Thatcham Town 0

By Benjamin Schiffer-Harte
1st December 2018
Share via

A wet day for the Kingfishers ends in a 3-0 defeat to new table toppers Blackfield and Langley

After a scintillating game last week this one was aiming to be of similar proportions.

The game started off evenly for the first quarter of hour with both sides having feee kick chances.

On 16 minutes a loose pass seized by striker Lerone Plummer allowed him to squeeze through with a shot that is blocked by Chris Rackley but hits the striker and rebounds in.

5 mins later a great long ball drops to George Jeacock who manages to control the ball, take a shot but Blackfield and Langley keeper Lewis Noice finely saves and it went out for corner.

On 25 mins Eko put a looping shot in that the keeper tipped over the crossbar .

The wet pitch whilst being like a carpet, caused problems with players slipping at times and they had to be careful not to foul. Thatcham continued to press high on the counter attack. With Right Back Jack Alexander providing much needed crosses into the box.

Both teams attacked through the rest of the 1st half and on 35 mins Scott Rees registered a long shot that went wide.
Minutes later he Thatcham’s first caution for a sliding tackle.

5mins into the 2nd half the lead was doubled after a free kick given which at first is blocked by Rackley but followed up by Patrick Nolan on the rebound.

Tom Moran prevented a shot by Liam Robinson with a superb block.

It was clearly frustrating for Thatcham who had plenty of time on the ball but either couldn’t find a way through or when a shot was taken it was saved by the keeper.

On 61mins Sub Owen Fee weaved his way through the defence and shot from right to left to score with the help of the post.

Despite the score Thatcham didn’t give up in the search for a way to get back
Into the game. A penalty shout came on 62 but wasn’t given.

Curtis Angell found himself free for a shot on 64 but before he could pull the trigger the whistle blew for an foul moments earlier.

A series of corners cropped up on 73mins but Thatcham had no luck as the ball kept finding itself being shot or saved over the bar.

Scott Rees received his 2nd caution of the game and was sent off for handball in the oppositions penalty box.

Subs Josh Helmore and Jahson Downes came on for Elliott and Jeacock with the final 15 mins to go

On 80 mins Rackley parried a shot that was allowed to happen after a sliced clearance by Moran.

The final sub came on 82 with Michael Miller replacing Moran.

Finally on 85 mins Coyle set up Downes who then shot goes over the bar.

Finding a string of wins is not as easy as it was during last years superb title winning year but with the spirit Danny Robinson’s men showed by not giving up even when the chips were down!

Share via