Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Thatcham Town Football Club app


Thatcham Town Development 3 Faringdon Town 2

By Benjamin Schiffer-Harte

Cooper-Clark scores as Thatcham progress in the Blufin Challenge Cup

Match report by A.Miller
Thatcham hosted Faringdon in the Bluefin challenge cup looking to extend their unbeaten run. With a few of their usual squad unavailable due to injury and holiday they had two debutants in their ranks as well being boosted by Chris Rackley and the returning Shane Cooper-Clark following holiday and illness.

Thatcham started right on the front foot cutting through the Faringdon midfield with the impressive Tom Jordan and Will Frank finding plenty of space. The first chance came in the first few minutes as Frank burst through but the Visitors keeper was quick off his line to smother the ball. Debuting Bruno La Rocca then rattled the crossbar before Cooper-Clark glanced a header just wide from a Jordan Goater delivery. The onslaught continued but the home side couldn’t find the breakthrough with Tom Browne next to strike the woodwork from a free kick.
Jerome Pringle was next to go close from a corner but it was Faringdon who took a shock lead from a long ball allowing the striker to run through and beat the on rushing Rackley.

The second half started just as the first with Thatcham flooding forward particularly down the left flank with Browne and Goater delivering some wonderful crosses. With Cooper-Clark starting to stretch the back line even further it allowed Frank to find even more space hurt the opposition and he almost drew level but his shot rolled agonisingly wide. Some neat play from Carrington and Aspell won a throw deep in the Faringdon half, Frank’s long throw was controlled by Cooper-Clark who swiveled in the box and smashed the ball home.
Jordan was then replaced by the debuting George Armstrong who got straight into the action with some great tackles, La Rocca then went close after a weaving run through 4 defenders but his shot just sailed over.

Moments later La Rocca did get his debut goal after Armstrong released Frank who’s low cross was turned home by La Rocca. Faringdon were rocked and a few minutes later it was 3. Aspell forcing a corner which the visitors couldn’t clear and Pringle bundled the ball home at the second attempt. Faringdon pulled one back with only their second shot turning in a low drive across the box but it was Thatcham to advanced to the next round with a impressive display. Credit to the Faringdon keeper who had an outstanding game and made some very fine saves

Updated 07:56 - 14 Oct 2018 by Benjamin Schiffer-Harte

Where next?

Wallingford Town AFC Reserves 0 - 0 Thatcham Town Development Development Team unbeaten in 3 but unfortunate not to make it 3 wins

Sat 27 Apr
League 4 – 1
Mon 22 Apr
Development Taplow United
League 5 – 2
Sat 20 Apr
League 1 – 1

Team sponsors


Club sponsors